By 2025, two billion seven hundred million adults around the world could get overweight and obese! Obesity is a greater death factor than malnutrition, with at least 2,800,000 persons dies every year of this disease.
What is obesity?
Obesity means having too much body fat. It is not the same as overweight. Anyone more than 45 kilograms overweight or has BMI (body mass index) greater than or equal to 40 is considered extremely obese. having one of these number may increase the risk for many medical problems such as diabetes or heart disease.
What are the causes of obesity?
- Behavior factors
- Genetic factors
- Environmental factors
- Psychological factors
- Some cases caused by medicines such as cortisone and insulin derivatives
In general, Obesity sometimes leads to a low quality of life. You may not be able to perform physical activities that you were enjoyed, In addition, You may avoid appearing in public because of over excess weight, and obese persons may feel discriminated or bullied.
Other issues related to obesity:
Other weight-related problems that may affect quality of life include:
- Embarrassment and guilt
- Social isolation
- low work performance
What are the complications of obesity?
Obese persons are more vulnerable to multiple of serious health problems, including:
- Heart disease and strokes
- Type-2 diabetes
- Some types of cancer
- digestion problems.
- Sleep apnea. It's a serious and potential disturbance during which breathing stops frequently and its start while sleeping
- Osteoarthritis. Obesity increases the pressure on weight-bearing joints, as well as increased sores within the body
How can I avoid obesity?
There have been several treatment programs used to treat obesity:
- Treatment by changing the lifestyle
- Treatment by medicines
- Treatment by surgical intervention to reduce the weight
1- Treatment by changing lifestyle: One of the ways to treat obesity patients, whether used alone or in conjunction with other treatment programmers, is to change the lifestyle of:
- Changing eating habits by having more healthy foods options with high nutritional value and low calories.
- Increase physical activity by practicing daily sports exercises
- Consulting a doctor to help a patient choosing the right sport.
- Self-awareness about health care and following doctor’s advice and guidance.
2- Treatment by medicines: There are many drugs authorized to reduce weight and these drugs are used after a doctor's guidance and advice because misusing these drugs leads to serious side effects.
3- Surgical weight reduction therapy: When BMI is more than 40 or BMI is accompanied by other diseases, in such a case the surgical weight reduction intervention is one of the most important methods that used for treatment after medical consultation, while the doctor determines whether a surgical intervention is necessary to reduce the patient's weight.
Mobile applications that change your lifestyle:
As we have already pointed out, changing the lifestyle is one of the ways to treat obese patients. However, this procedure requires the help of scientifically approved health applications to reach the ideal weight.
So we advise the obesity- and non-obesity people to use the Tawuniya Vitality program, which is available to the medical insurance clients in Tawuniya, where it evaluates your health status, sets weekly and monthly physical and nutritional goals, furthermore, its encouraging and rewarding you to achieve them.
To register in Tawuniya Vitality Program :
Tawuniya Vitality | Tawuniya