Employment related accidents are a part of every business activity, especially where manual labour is involved. Under the Saudi labour law, every employer is liable to pay compensation to their employees towards death or injuries or disease or disabilities sustained by the employees from work-related accidents. The law provides for the quantum of compensation payable for various eventualities such as death / disability etc.
Documents required in the event of an Injury: -
- Medical documents (Doctor’s / Hospital’s reports indicating period of sickness, medicines / bills etc.).
- Certificate indicating sick leave granted by employer.
- Employer’s Certificate or copy of the payroll indicating salary of the injured employee, wherever applicable.
- Death certificate from competent authorities, if applicable.
- Accident report issued by employer.
- Copy of employment contract effected with injured employee.
In most case independent loss adjuster is appointed to assess/investigate the loss.
LA to submit their adjustment report based on the supporting documents submitted by the insured and claim is reviewed, processed and settled by Tawuniya based on the LA recommendation.