Conditions to Know Before Submitting a Claim
- This policy is only valid for trips commencing in and returning to Saudi Arabia.
- Under some Sections there is an amount deducted (an excess) per incident, which applies to each insured person involved in an incident, as do the sums insured under each section.
- You must notify the local police of your stolen or lost personal belonging. Also make sure to get a copy of police report.
- International travel insurance coverage (Schengen) is limited ONLY to emergency medical cases and personal accident.
Non-Covered Pre-existing Medical Conditions
- This policy does not provide cover for any medical conditions arising directly or indirectly from a pre-existing condition occurring within 2 years before the effective inception date of this policy.
Procedures of Submitting a Claim
For all Cases
- Fill in the claim form
Travel Insurance - Personal Baggage & Money Claim Form
Travel Insurance - Medical and Emergency Travel Expenses & Curtailment Claim Form
Copy of the insurance policy.
Attach the following documents:
For medical cases
Detailed medical report.
Attach (Medical bills / Receipts / Invoices / Bills for expenses).
For Cancellation or Curtailment or Missed Departure cases
Proof of reason(s) for cancellation (or) curtailment (or) delay.
The receipt for the Airline tickets and any booking made including the amount recovered from the airline or the hotel.
For Lost Luggage Cases
Protest or complaint made to Carrier with acknowledgement.
Proof of checking baggage.
Copy of the passport with exist and entry stamp with Visa.
List of items lost with value and proof of purchase of new items.
For Personal Accident Cases
Post Mortem Report / Police Report.
Death certificate / Disability certificate.
For legal liability cases
TP liability claim legal notice / Occurrence report.
Duties of Claimant
- Take all reasonable precautions to minimize the loss.
- Telephone the company to notify the claim as soon as practical.
- Make no admission of liability or offer promise or payment of any kind without written consent from Tawuniya except for emergency medical expenses.
Duties of Insurer
- Notify the insured of any changes in the claim filing procedures.
- Acknowledge the receipt of claim's document's & information from the insured/claimant, and notify of any missing paperwork within (7) working days from receiving claim application.
- Settle claim within (15) days of receiving all required & necessary documents. And notify the claimant with reasons of delay when exceeding (15) days settlement period.
- Advise claimant of: settlement acceptance (Partial or total), settlement amount, how it was reached, justifications if a reduced settlement is offered or in the event the claim was rejected (fully or partially).