Compensation for comprehensive insurance customers
In the event of an insured vehicle accident used for personal or commercial use, the company will compensate for the damage to the vehicle by repairing it at the approved workshops or the agency according to the terms of the policy if the loss is considered partial. Suppose the loss is total such as theft, or cannot be repaired. In that case, the company compensates the insured with the insurance or market value. According to the insurance policy terms and conditions, the time of the accident.
Procedures to be followed in the event of an accident
- In the event of an accident to the insured motor vehicle, you should immediately contact Najm Company on its number: 199033 and strictly follow Najm’s directions for handling the accident, whether in the presence of Najm representative or the presence of the traffic policeman to inspect the accident.
- Najm or Traffic Department representative will attend to inspect the accident, prepare an official report on the accident, and determine the percentage of responsibility. You have to ensure that the accident number is obtained*.
- If the customer's liability is less than 100%, the damage estimates should be obtained from one of the "Car Repair Cost Estimation" centers (known as Taqdeer Centers). Such estimation is not required if the percentage of responsibility is 100% or if no other party is involved in the accident.
- Submitting the claim via the Company's website: To submit ALSHAMEL insurance claim, click here.
- Suppose the damage is considered a partial loss. In that case, the Company will refer you to one of the approved workshops or agencies to repair the damaged car if it is covered by Al-Shamel policy and according to the policy terms and conditions. If you are an AL-Shamel individual customer, you will be offered a free-of-charge full claim service where we will tow your vehicle to Taqdeer estimation centers (if needed), then to repair workshops then, and bring it back to you after the repair is done.
- Suppose the car is considered a total loss. In that case, the Company will pay the customer the price of the vehicle's actual value (according to the policy terms and conditions concluded) through bank transfer.
* If the accident is transferred from the Najm representative to the Traffic Department, you must visit the Department to which it is shared and provide us with the final police report.
Motor Claims Conditions
The policy terms and conditions make indemnity for motor accidents and exclusions contained in the insurance policy. After submitting all supporting documents, any incomplete claim that is incomplete in terms and documents will not be considered.
- If additional documents are required, the customer shall be informed to provide them.
- The Motor Accident Report must be signed and sealed by the Traffic Department and Najm Company, and all fields must be filled with the required data. Any modification or cross-out in the data renders the Motor Accident Report null and void unless it is sealed and signed by the issuing authority.
- Receiving the claim is not considered acceptance and admission of liability, and the Company will pay the indemnity after ensuring the integrity of the accident procedures and their compliance with the terms and conditions of the insurance policy.
- If the car is stolen, you should notify the Police authorities on 999, and a copy of the Police Report must be attached to the claim supporting documents.
- If the car is exposed to drowning (due to torrential rain/ flood) or fire, the Civil Defense should be contacted at 998, and the Civil Defense Report should be attached too.
Motor Claims Submission Channels
- The e-services via Tawuniya website. To submit Al-Shamel motor claim,
- Tawuniya Application (for smartphones)
- Contact Center phone number: 8001249990