Medical Malpractice Insurance Program
A program protects those persons practicing medical professions from the risks associated with their work, and the legal third party liability that may arise out of any error, negligence or omission incurred during the performance of their work according to the terms, conditions and exclusions set forth in the insurance policy.
This program has been duly approved by the Shariah Committee for rendering the insurance cover available amongst 4 options of compensation limits required pursuant to your needs. You can also obtain one insurance cover for up to 5 years with no intermittence.
Persons eligible for this program
- Surgeons, obstetrics & gynecology and anesthesia specialists
- Doctors of other medical categories
- Nurses and technicians
- Paramedics and technicians
The value of the program cover
The program covers the amount of indemnities decided by virtue of an official verdict pronounced by the competent courts or legal authorities versus the Insured who causes medical harm to the patient arising out of an error or negligence or omissions during his practicing to his profession. This indemnity reaches up to a maximum limit ranging between SR 100,000 and SR 1000,000 per one occurrence or in the annual aggregate in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
This includes any physical or mental injury to any patient committed by the Insured in the course of his work due to negligence, omission or error or be linked to the medical profession practiced in Saudi Arabia. The insurance cover available under this Program is for 4 options of compensation limits required.
The cover includes all defense costs incurred with the Company's consent in respect of any claim, provided that the total amount payable in respect of damages shall not exceed the payable limits of indemnity.
Advantages of the program
- The policy is compatible with the laws and regulations of the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
- The policy provides protection against the financial consequences arising out from any error, omission or negligence committed in practicing the medical profession
- The Insured's legal liability towards the third parties is covered for all financial amounts and legal costs pronounced against him
- Proving the existence of insurance cover protects the Insured in the case he/ she has been deprived or prohibited from traveling outside the Kingdom during the course of any lawsuit versus him/ her
Payment in installments
Now you can pay Medical Malpractice Insurance premium in installments at the price of cash .. as follows:
- Submit your Medical Malpractice purchasing application insurance policy, new or renewal.
- The insurance premium shouldn’t be less than SR 1,500.
- Pay the premium by using your credit card issued by any of the partner banks listed below.
- Within 48 hours, notify your bank to convert Tawuniya payment to installments.
- Tawuniya will not activate this service if you didn’t call your bank in time.
- The premium will be on 12 month installments without additional fees and 0%benefit.
- You can benefit from this service by visiting any of Tawuniya branches, or buying online or calling 920019990.
Banks involved in this service are:
- Samba Bank
- Riyadh Bank
- Arab National Bank
- Bank AlJazira
- The Saudi Investment Bank